Menu

Prepping for SAT II for World and/or US History...

Most of my dd's US/World history was mostly reading. Lots of nonfiction and historical fiction, with a little text book reading but not really memorizing anything.

How would you prep over the summer to prep for either of these tests?

Thx,

Whitney

I believe the College Board that does the SAT2 subject tests makes a study guide with tests in it. I would probably get the guide try a few questions and find out if there are any areas you need to cover. I believe the answers give a paragraph explanation as well.

Definitely get the college board book. There is one that has two tests each for US history and world history.

The Barron's prep book is incredibly hard. My dd was rarely managing to get more than 30 out of 90 correct. I took one of the tests myself and scored about the same. That book is just tremendously harder than the real thing. That doesn't help to prep for the test. It just makes you certain that you're going to do a miserable job.

I'll link you to the discussion on College Confidential about prep books. Scroll down a little until you get to the post that lists prep books for all the subject tests.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-subject-tests-preparation/358168-list-best-review-books-6.html

Be sure to note that publishers that are marked as very good for prep for one test may be marked very poor for a different test. Barron's is marked very high for Literature, but very low for US History.