Menu

TOG Yr. 4 Redesign Literature?

JEJE

A friend and I are considering doing a relaxed, history co-op together next year. She is going to use the TOG Yr. 4 redesign. Would I be able to use the classic Yr. 4 and still be covering the same information?

I gather the history book suggestions are quite different because of books going out of print, but history is history right? What about the literature suggestions? We were thinking of helping our middle school age children through literature book discussions. Is the literature covered in the classic Yr. 4 the same/similar as the literature covered in redesign Yr. 4?

TIA!!!

A friend and I are considering doing a relaxed, history co-op together next year. She is going to use the TOG Yr. 4 redesign. Would I be able to use the classic Yr. 4 and still be covering the same information?

I gather the history book suggestions are quite different because of books going out of print, but history is history right? What about the literature suggestions? We were thinking of helping our middle school age children through literature book discussions. Is the literature covered in the classic Yr. 4 the same/similar as the literature covered in redesign Yr. 4?

TIA!!!

Hi tia,

Do you have year 4 classic? You can go to the bookshelf at Lampstand and narrow you search to year 4 literature (or narrow it further to upper grammar, etc) and see the lit selections, then compare them to the classic version.

HTH,

Lisa

TOG Year 4 lit is a completely different animal. If you didn't want to upgrade to Redesign you could purchase a co-op license for $35:

ETA: whoops, I thought you were asking about rhetoric literature, I'm not sure how different the dialectic level is, but I'll leave this up in case it applies.

From the TOG web site How do co-op copyrights and licenses work? :

In an effort to serve these students and simplify matters for co-op leaders, we have implemented a licensing arrangement for co-op or classrooms settings. Under this plan, Co-op leaders and other teachers have our express permission to copy certain specific materials on the Tapestry of Grace Loom or reproducible disc for group use. Please note that all printed materials in the Tapestry manuals remain protected by copyright; teachers should not print and distribute Teacher's Notes, Reading Assignment Charts, or other portions of Tapestry printed materials without expressed permission.

Literature: Teachers of each classroom section must purchase a full copy of Tapestry of Grace. (If one teacher teaches two subjects or two sections of one subject, she can work from the same purchased Tapestry of Grace manual.) Student licenses permit teachers to photocopy or print and distribute any/all student activity pages or reading assignments (i.e., Poetics and Frameworks) that apply to Literature work only. They can also use and publish to their students assignments from the Tapestry reading assignment charts for their class's learning level only. (Teachers must extract and reformat this information. Copying of Reading Assignment Charts or the Excel Resource Lists is not permitted under this agreement.) Teachers may use the background information, worksheet answers, and discussion outlines in class (and for their individual families) only. Copying and distributing materials from the Teacher's Notes is strictly forbidden.

Edited by Karenciavo

TIA!!!

I don't own year 4 redesign, but just judging from the literature titles at the LG, UG and D level that have gone OOP I bet it is different. Probably not 50% different, but I could easily see 30%.

History the history side is just as bad.

Heather

Thank you all so much for the info! I actually don't own Tapestry at all yet. I am a Diana Waring fan :) But, Waring's revision for modern history isn't done yet, so I was thinking of picking up a used TOG classic Yr. 4 for next year. But, if the redesign is that much different I probably won't bother with classic.

Thank you!