Menu

Jacobs Geometry 2nd ed. ISBN's please

I found today for $5.00 the hardcover Jacobs Geometry 2nd edition (ISBN 071671745X). I will not need this book for another year, but didn't want to pass up the bargain. Is there a teachers book or solution manual for this edition? Can someone supply the ISBN's? I struggled with Algebra and bomb in Geometry, and just read that the Dr. Callahan DVD's will not work with the 2nd edition. Has anyone who has felt weak in geometry, like me, successfully taught this without extra help. Thank you, Laurie

Kelly, does the teacher's guide give the solutions to all the problems, or do I also need a separate solution manual? Is this ISBN for the 2nd or 3rd edition? Since you have both the 2nd & 3rd edition, is there a reason you are using the 3rd as your main text over the 2nd? I've read other post which say there are more proofs in the 2nd. Honestly, I don't even remember what a proof is :tongue_smilie:but I'm sure it will come back to me when I begin looking over the material. Thanks for your information.

Laurie

The teacher's guide gives the answers with a brief solution. Sometimes I wish it would give more info. It is the same with the 3rd edition. If there are any other teacher support materials, I am not aware of them.

I chose the 3rd edition first and bought the 2nd when my dd14 had some trouble with a couple of chapters. The 2nd provided more problems and proofs for us. The 2nd edition does have more 2 column proofs in which you give the statements on one side and the reasons for the statements on the other.

I like each edition for different reasons. My dd13 will begin geometry in Aug, and I have to decide which text to use. I'm not very good at describing the differences between the books, but if you could get a copy of the 3rd edition to compare the two it would be helpful with your decision.

HTH