Menu

Teaching Co's Nutrition course?

I would love for my student to take a course which would allow him the benefits of a general nutrition course, as well as teaching why one would do well to avoid certain preservatives, additives, etc. Have any of your students done this course and found it beneficial?

Thanks! :)

I don't know anything about this, but have used several Teaching Company courses and they were all wonderful. I just wanted to say that one of the best unit studies we ever did when my son was in high school was a nutrition course by Lee Ann Ely. She's the nutritionist on the Fly Lady website. It was a course designed for homeschoolers and included many recipes, so my son learned to cook along with the lessons in nutrition and wellness. He has a college apartment now and remembers that course as one of his best preparations for living on his own. I think it was called "Healthy Foods" and the cookbook was separate from the lesson book.

I am guessing that you are talking about the Roberta Anding Nutrition lectures. I have listened to them all myself. They are very good, but I'm not sure how you would make a class out of them. I learned a lot from them, but they are not like a health course. I would look into the previous poster's info about the homeschool class materials/recipes. Maybe these lectures could serve as a supplement.

We did this class this year, but we didn't use any cir. We just got in the kitchen and talked about nutrition. We went over different diets for say diabetes or having low sodium and we made recipes from cookbooks. It was great for the kids to learn how you can make healthly changes even to old favorites. I've noticed that they keep up with it as well making their own snacks.