Menu

Please Help -youth movies with Angels??

Have you seen any show with angels watching over the main character? A guardian angel, perhaps? Youth movies are quick to show evil or demons but rarely visually show angels.

Reason for this question is my kids was visiting a relative and their kids was raving about a great kids movie on. My 2 oldest got a few minutes glance and was freaked out because the cartoon character was calling on dark spirits to help them with the evil plot. Of course evil lose in the end but there was a visual of evil spirits and bad man BUT no visual of good spirits (angels, etc) just the good hearted characters. My dd asked why does the bad guy get spiritual help and the good guy is left to fight allow, where are the angels? I explained everything and now I just want to follow up with a movie that focus on good.

Therefore, I will ask here, what movie/s has a visual of angel/s or spirit helping the good person fight evil; in a kid format?

We love, Love, LOVE, Angels in the Outfield. It's an old black and white movie, though. Mine loves them but some kids don't. There is a newer version that's pretty good too but not as good as the b/w original.

Ink but that would have to be a pretty old kid. gritty.

Two t.v. shows I can think of if you want to watch a series are Highway to Heaven and . . . hmmm, I can't think of it. The Irish girl angel going around helping ppl with a famous African American woman also helping. Can't remember that one, sorry.

Oh, okay I just saw the age of your kiddos and Ink is definately out. I think for your age range, Angels in the Outfield, the old one. The angel has to turn around an rough kind of guy: there is some cussing but the words are obscured (kinda cool how they did it) and fighting that I remember. Sweet movie!

Edited by MomOfOneFunOne

[quote name=MomOfOneFunOne;1756493.

Two t.v. shows I can think of if you want to watch a series are Highway to Heaven and . . . hmmm' date=' I can't think of it. The Irish girl angel going around helping ppl with a famous African American woman also helping. Can't remember that one, sorry.

The show you are trying to think of is "Touched by an Angel"

An older tv movie with Gary Colman (when he was a kid) called "The Kid with the Broken Halo":

"Andy LeBeau is a fallen angel of sorts. He keeps messing up and causing trouble in angel training. The archangel, Michael, decides to give him one more shot. His mission: Help out the problems of three cases. First, the Desautel family, who are on the edge of breaking up. Then, the McNulty family, who are workaholics. Finally, Dorothea Powell who is a secluded, grumpy old woman. Andy's guide on earth is Blake, who is none too thrilled to work with Andy."

"The Gary Coleman Show" was a cartoon based on the tv movie.

Blockbuster has "The Kid with the Broken Halo" for rental online.

also...

"It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" has a "it's a wonderful life" storyline with kermit being helped by a guardian angel.