Menu

RE: Chalkdust Math

Julie

I have been using Chalkdust Math with my son for the last few months, for whatever reason it has not gone well. I frankly don't care for the college style text. h is not complaining but he is having more challenges than I think necessary. Suggestions????

Thanks,

Julie

You could switch to Teaching Textbooks or VideoText. Both of those options teach using computer or DVD, so you won't have to teach it all to your son. I am sure you have seen the LOOOONG threads on Teaching Textbooks, but it is an option.

Incidentally, I was all set to go with VideoText after all the discussion here, and then I open an email from a friend who said VideoText is lacking as far as thing on the ACT. She is a math teacher (formerly in public school and now in co-op.) Ugh! There is NO perfect program. I am thinking of picking one and then supplementing with ALEKS.

Josie,

Thanks for your answer. I acutally used TT 7 and switched to Chalkdust because of all the TT hub bub. I should probably switch back and suppliment with where it maybe weak. My son is only in the 5th grade so, even if TT is slow we have time.

Julie

We are using the pre algebra, he just finished TT Math 7. Maybe the jump ahdead too fast for him. My friend loaned my TT pre alg, and I have not had time to give it a really good look, but at a glance it is far eaiser.

Julie