Menu

Core Knowledge Preschool Activity Books

I never see these mentioned, but we started the Core Knowledge Preschool Activity Book 1 a few weeks ago and it is fantastic!

http://books.coreknowledge.org/product.php?productid=16296&cat=364&page=1

Seriously, this is one of the most age-appropriate activity books I've ever seen for preschool. Today's activity was reading and acting out Goldilocks and the Three Bears with character cutouts, chairs, beds & porridge bowls. My younger ds loved it so much he begged to read through it a second time, and then I had to hide the book on top of the refrigerator to keep him from going on and doing the rest of the activities for future weeks. Tomorrow we cook porridge for the three bears.:)

This is not a strictly academic program and it won't come anywhere close to teaching letters and reading, but focuses instead on pattern recognition, language development and literacy. It only takes a few minutes each day, uses lots of read-alouds and related activities, and all the stickers, cut-outs, etc. are included in the back of the book. I really wish I'd had it when my older ds was younger!

So, if anyone is looking for relaxed preschool ideas that are open-and-go, check it out!