Menu

OK, La Clase Divertida...which level for my 11 yo ds??

iammommy

He played with Power Speak Elementary Spanish I this year, but I feel he didn't retain very much at all. He enjoyed it, but I want something a bit different this coming year. Which level would you start him at? He knows very few Spanish words, even after almost a year of Power Speak. We barely made our way through 1/3 of the lessons. Thoughts? I'm worried that first level might seem too babyish for him, but don't want him totally frustrated, either.

Thanks! Nan

I used level 1 a few years ago and I think it is a little young for an 11 yr old. Level II might be better. LCD is very 'crafty' and sing-songy so that might be a consideration. My girls didn't relate to some of the visual craft stuff so we didn't continue with LCD. We take Spanish via FLVS now but if you aren't in Fl that wouldn't work for you. Does your state have a virtual school that hsers can take classes from? It was the best thing for us. Other than that, I liked the look of the Galore Park Spanish and would use it if we didn't have FLVS. Tell Me More by Auralog looks interesting too and HomeSchool Buyers Coop had a deal some time back. Hope this helps!