Menu

Thames & Cosmos Physics Workshop Kit Review?

Allearia

We've been working through ours little by little. It is pretty intense and unless the child is good at following detailed instructions, it does tend to be parent intensive. I am doing it along with my girls and we find it fun doing it together. Educationally, it is very good. We're learning a lot. I do like it but building things isn't my forte but we're getting there.

I can only speak for having the kits in hand, as we plan to use them for my oldest's 4th grade year (2010-2011), as well. We bought Physics Workshop, Solar Physics Workshop, and Hydropower. I like the way the manuals lay things out, but I'm trying right now to sort out whether we'll align our reading with the order of the kits, or re-order the experiments to align with our reading. I know that's not terribly helpful if you're trying to decide whether to purchase them, but that's what I've got. I'll also say, though, that we've had solar kits that were way harder to hook up than this one is reputed to be. That was a selling point for me.

Thanks so much! I think we'll start with the Workshop and buy some of the others as we finish. I am hoping to use these as a spine with extra reading etc.

Would this coordinate with the Lego Motorized Machines kit? We bought this a while ago so now I am wondering if the Thames physics kit would overlap or whether we could use both.