Menu

Physics Circus

I was messing around trying to find video demonstrations to go with my daughter's physics reading and came across this wonderful series:

http://www.physics.umn.edu/outreach/pforce/circus

Thought others might like it, too. I now want to visit Minnesota to attend one of these demonstration programs in its entirety! Has anyone else out there ever seen one in person?

Did you see the "toilet paper the tree" video??

The next time my neighbor's gardeners come over with their leaf blower, I'm taking toilet paper rolls outside to ask them if we can try it!

We fired up the leaf blower today, and one roll of tp was sacrificed to the polebarn's roof. :D Then the air compressor was turned on, and out came the ping-pong balls. Bernoulli's principle is alive and well at our house.

MrTea had the day off today, as did our grown son who came to visit. They were already tinkering around out in the barn when DD and I showed up with the roll of toilet paper and asked them to get out the leaf blower. They jumped all over it, even though they weren't even sure why we were asking.

On the Physics Circus website: Is anyone able to see their summer schedule? I clicked on it, but nothing showed. I was wondering if they travel, or stay at the university...