Menu

Raiding the library

Embassy

Anyone else raid their library in preparation for the upcoming school year? I put together a lot of my kid's curriculum and I'm picking and choosing what books to use this coming school year. Here is my current situation:

My card:

23 items checked out

132 hold requests (46 ready for pickup)

Husband's card:

30 items checked out

182 hold requests (59 ready for pickup)

Guess where I'm going tomorrow :D

Edited by Wehomeschool

HOLY COW! And I thought I was bad! I think we usually have like 50 something items checked out and like 20 requested.

What I've found is that usually if I plan a week ahead for what I want (as long as it's not like a new release movie or book) I can usually put in the request and have it the following week at our library so I don't need quite as huge of a request list.

That sounds like our regular weekly tally ;)

I often feel bad when we check out at our library, because we always cause a backup and they have to call out another checkout person. But hey we are putting everything to good use.

My cards looked like that when my youngest was a little guy. When you're using picture books, you go through a ton of them very quickly! If I had multiple littles, I'm sure I would have used even more. It won't be like that forever. Glad your library is supportive. There are some at mine who act as if it's a big imposition for patrons to actually check out materials.....

My cards looked like that when my youngest was a little guy. When you're using picture books, you go through a ton of them very quickly! If I had multiple littles, I'm sure I would have used even more. It won't be like that forever. Glad your library is supportive. There are some at mine who act as if it's a big imposition for patrons to actually check out materials.....

Yes, quite a few picture books. My younger son's attention span for chapter books is limited so we will be using lots of books with pictures.

I'm jealous. We're only allowed five holds at a time. :001_unsure: They've never told us we've checked out too much though, and our tally goes over 100 often.

Yeah, our library recently limited our holds to 10. At least we have 2 cards, but I still have to watch it. We also have a checkout limit of 50.