Menu

What's in your art/craft box?

I'm looking for some good, economical ideas for our "art box" - the box that gets pulled out when I don't have a specific craft/art project in mind and the box that gets pulled out to make the History, Science, etc. pages that WTM recommends.

(I've searched but haven't found a similar thread - feel free to point me to one if it exists!)

What's in your box? What can't you live without and what did you wish you left at the store?

I don't have an art box. I have one of those over the door shoe holders. It has 16 pockets. I have

glue sticks

taky glue

glitter glue

colored pencils

markers

colored chalk

water color paints

pastel paints

acrylic paints (up high)

tempra paints

google eyes

pipe cleaners

assorted beads and bobbles

craft sticks - more than once size

wiki sticks

assorted ribbons (the fabric store sells bags of assorted ribbons on the clearance aisle)

assorted buttons (same as above)

embroidery thread

needles

sizzors - assorted

hole punches - assorted

colored feathers

stickers

air drying clay

stretchy string

leather string

necklace clasps

keychain rings

clothes pins

paint brushes

sponges

tape

masking tape

Plus I have a box with various sizes of paper, cardboard, wood, news paper, papertowel rolls and such in it)

And on a shelf I have plaster of paris, borax, baking soda, a gallon of white glue, plastic tubing, funnels, measuring cups of various sizes, copper wire, batteries, alligator clips, aluminum foil, wire mesh, wire cutters, yard sticks and meter sticks, a balance and stuff like that.

I've been collecting it over the years, but it has also been a long time since I needed something I didn't have. There is probably more in there, but that is what I can remember right now.

I don't have an art box. I have one of those over the door shoe holders. It has 16 pockets. I have

glue sticks

taky glue

glitter glue

colored pencils

markers

colored chalk

water color paints

pastel paints

acrylic paints (up high)

tempra paints

google eyes

pipe cleaners

assorted beads and bobbles

craft sticks - more than once size

wiki sticks

assorted ribbons (the fabric store sells bags of assorted ribbons on the clearance aisle)

assorted buttons (same as above)

embroidery thread

needles

sizzors - assorted

hole punches - assorted

colored feathers

stickers

air drying clay

stretchy string

leather string

necklace clasps

keychain rings

clothes pins

paint brushes

sponges

tape

masking tape

Plus I have a box with various sizes of paper, cardboard, wood, news paper, papertowel rolls and such in it)

And on a shelf I have plaster of paris, borax, baking soda, a gallon of white glue, plastic tubing, funnels, measuring cups of various sizes, copper wire, batteries, alligator clips, aluminum foil, wire mesh, wire cutters, yard sticks and meter sticks, a balance and stuff like that.

I've been collecting it over the years, but it has also been a long time since I needed something I didn't have. There is probably more in there, but that is what I can remember right now.

WOW...this is amazing! I love your list of stuff...