Menu

JASON Project users?

We used it several years ago through our charter school, but now just use it within our family.

Some of the activities are obviously geared towards the classroom, so if I can't adapt them, I just skip them. The printed version of the curriculum was easier to use, but I'm glad everything is available online now for free.

Thanks, sailmom, for replying. I have a few questions if you have time.:001_smile:

I am looking at the ecology unit for my 8th grader for the fall. We may include a few other kids.

Do you find that you can do most of the labs at home?

When you use the printed version, do you still need to use the online games, videos and other online material?

Have you included the novel resources?

Ruth in NC

Do you find that you can do most of the labs at home?

We were able to do most of them. There are some that required me to order things I didn't have, like bromothymol blue, and there were some that required a group of kids for a game, or lots of materials. We skipped those. The majority of the labs are pretty doable, even if you have to tweak them a bit.

When you use the printed version, do you still need to use the online games, videos and other online material?

I used the multimedia components because my kids really enjoyed them, especially the games. Generally, we cut out the printed elements rather than the multimedia stuff, if I had to choose between them.

Have you included the novel resources?

Sometimes. I would assign the novels as extra reading, and glance over the vocab and questions, but generally didn't do anything with them beyond talking about the books.

Hope this helps!