Menu

s/o Does TOG cover american history more in-depth than SOTW does?

Well, we haven't truly gotten into American History yet as we only covered the first two units of Y2 this year, but I already own several of the next two unit's books as well as some for Y3, and I would say yes, it does go more in-depth than SOTW.

For example, my ds has an entire book to read just on Georgia, as well as one to read just on Maryland. There is a workbook type book about the Constitution called Our Living Constitution: Then and Now. Plus we will read George Washington's World, This Country of Ours, as well as many other history books. So, yes, I definitely think TOG digs into American History at a much deeper level than SOTW.

:bigear: Do you feel that TOG goes deeper on american history than SOTW does?

Well I haven't done SOTW other than year 1 yet, but TOG year 3 and 4 are focused on American history. And given it is TOG with flexibility to make it your own you can **** the focus even more if you like, spending more time in American history topics, using the in-depth books and then less time in World history weeks, just covering a minimum.

Heather