Menu

English/Grammar in HS

I had a plan to utilize Jensen's Grammar, Vocab & Writing for my 10th grader this year. Then I received the CLE catalog & thought maybe I should simply use their english for 10th grade which has everything.

Has anyone used CLE in HS for english. What are your thoughts??

Much appreciated.

I think that CLE is excellent, but we have only used it through the 8th grade. I think the HS course is a little different, because it isn't revised yet. But if you haven't used it before, or if your student is rusty in grammar, you can use the 8th grade course for high school. My ds used only the first half of the 8th grade course when he was in 9th grade, and then went to a Christian school which pushes rigorous grammar. He did very well. You might want to order a couple of units to look at them, or look at samples online. It kind of depends on your goals, because I am a grammar/diagraming type of person. If you don't like that, you would not like the CLE.

I'm using it myself this year. CLE English uses the 10 lightunits of this course over 2 grades, 9 & 10. So it's half a year of CLE English and half a year of CLE literature to be completed over 2 years. You could use CLE English in one year and add your own literature program.

YES, IT HAS BEEN REVISED!

Look at the samples at clp.org