Menu

Grammar

mommy4ever

I'm not concerned with dd6, we are just starting homeschooling and she hadn't started English reading at school, so we are a blank slate, and have her covered, she is coming along nicely. In fact, I grabbed some A Beka readers from the school board. I showed her when we got home, and she was so excited, she sat down and started READING! She was almost screaming in excitement after she finished the first page. :lol: And we are doing other things for grammar and writing, but working with a blank slate is so so easy!

However for dd11 and in the fall dd13, I am not sure where they are at. I know dd13's spelling is atrocious, dd11 is somewhat better. I want to give them some solid grammar, and move into writing. I know in grade 9/10 here at the schools there's a huge importance laid on persuasive writing, where ds16 suffers miserably..lol.(cause he hates writing, period, anything, a list, a sentence, etc).

I want to be sure all of them have solid writing skills. Is there a curriculum, like a remedial grammar and spelling for that age group? And a good writing curriculum?

I hear Spelling to Write and Read will help you with spelling.

For Writing, I suggest highly WriteShop. We love it and are creating excellent writers. Your child only need write a paragraph in order to use the paragraph. When you finish WS1 and 2, you have high school credits :) I love writing and I highly rec. this program.

Not that you asked, but I suggest a solid look at The Phonics Road for your 6yo...fantastic!