Menu

If you were me... (SL, HOD, ??)

TN Mama

As I plan for next year, I'm starting to wonder if what I'm planning will work. My 4th grader really wants to use SL and I've purchased 3+4. She's very excited about getting started with that. I picked up HOD Beyond for my 2nd grader. I only plan on using SL for History, Geo and Reading and HOD for History, Geo & Poetry.

Will I make myself crazy doing two different programs, or is it doable? Too much time? Too much reading? Just right? The girls will not be combined in Science either (MPH 3/4 for 4th grader and I THINK Elemental Bio for 2nd).

I'd love to hear thoughts.

I think it sounds like a good combo. Beyond will focus more on Early American History whereas Core 3/4 moves along quicker, getting into later American History sooner and staying there longer. So, they won't line up exactly but I think they will go together very well. Beyond looks like so much fun. I regret that we won't be able to do it. And, I've always wanted to do Core 3/4. You could use some of the readers from Core 3/4 as read-alouds with your younger. That would give you some history related material for the Storytime box in Beyond.