Menu

Anyone using 'Mapping the World with Art'?

If so how are you and your dc liking it?

Do you think you needed something else to go along with it to make it a complete geography course?

I was looking at this for my rising 9th grader. I was thinking about using this and Around the World in 180 Days....Any thoughts???

• 2 weeks later...

We just started using it (we are on lesson 3). It has a brief history of maps and mapping in addition to the map drawing and additional activities.

Adding more to it depends on what you want from a geography course.

It might be better termed as a history of maps and mapping course (if used as is) as opposed to a geography course. It doesn't cover resources, cultures, habitats, etc. (at least not that I have seen from what we have done and from skimming the rest). The maps you draw are somewhat basic with just the major cities, mountains, oceans, etc. labeled.

I don't know that I am going to consider it a geography course or not. I have some geography textbooks that I have thought about adding to this, but I am not sure yet where I want to go with it all.

Hope that helps a little. :)

We have it waiting for next year. To me it looks great but have not started so really can't say much. I just wanted to say that we are going to claim it as art credit rather than geography and are suing it along other geography. Just another thought on how to claim it.:)

We have it waiting for next year. To me it looks great but have not started so really can't say much. I just wanted to say that we are going to claim it as art credit rather than geography and are suing it along other geography. Just another thought on how to claim it.:)

I like the art credit idea. Thanks!

I know you said you are only on lesson 3, but how do you and your kids like it?

I was planning on using it along with 'Around the World in 180 Days'

Thanks!

So far I like it and my dc seem to like it. My dd is very artsy and she really enjoys drawing the maps. My ds likes it well enough to not complain about doing it.

I may have to do some searching on 'Around the World in 180 Days' to see what that is like. I really do feel like I need to add something to this if I want it to be a full geography course.

Overall, I am glad I purchased it.