Menu

Preparing Transcript...have a quick question

Hi everyone,

I don't post often here, just because of time constraints. But I do check in and keep up with so much of the wisdom shared here. I have a question and I hope that someone can help me.

I am preparing my son's high school transcript. The form I chose to use at HSLDA is very nice, and my son's credits look fine...but we have two pesky .5 credit courses that he's been accumulating hours over a couple of years. Practical Life Skills and Home Repair and Maintenance. Both of these courses he completed half in one year and the other half in the next year.

1. Should I list them the year he finished the credit?

Or

2. List .25 credit in one year and .25 credit in the next?

Or

3. Should I just use a transcript form that lists credits by subject, not by year?

In my son's junior year, he had only 5 credits because he was remediating in Algebra and spending ALOT of time on math. (Probably in excess of 250 hours, so we did not do any electives that year.) Then he earned 7.5 credits in his senior year. Will that be okay? I just think it may look a little funny. What do you all think?

I'm just wondering if it would be best to go ahead to do this by subject rather than by year.

Any wisdom?

~Yvonne

We had a bunch of things like that and listed by subject, not year. If I had had to list by year, I would have tried to list the credits whichever year the most work had been done, because that would have distributed them better. In the school profile, I explained why we listed them by subject. Whatever you decide to do you can explain in the school profile.

-Nan

We organized our transcript by subject and included completion dates (not "year") for each credit. For the one school that required credits listed by year (UW - on the application itself) we listed the credit in the year completed. I didn't really give any thought to distribution. But our sons earned credits in a very uneven manner anyway (because of dual enrollment and correspondence courses), so the kind of credits you're asking about didn't make much difference anyway.