Menu

12th grade language arts

I am looking for a language arts for my son next year. He needs to review his grammar and I was thinking of Easy Grammar Plus. Do you think that would be a good way to go with him. He is not strong in that area and I want him to do a good review and enhance his grammar. Any ideas?

Thanks

Karen

I would definitely look at it first to see if it is the level you want. It is quite easy, but if your son hasn't had much grammar, it would be a great program to use. I used it in early middle school, and it was very good prep for A Beka and BJU (which are more difficult).

Does he use poor grammar in his writing? Is he studying a foreign language in high school? I would think that many grammar concepts would be presented in his high school foreign language course. I think that in 12th grade it is writing and not grammar that should be emphasized. My 12th grader is using Learn to Write the Novel Way, which is one credit of English Composition (covering both grammar and writing).

I don't know anything about Easy Grammar Plus, so I can't help you there!