Menu

Omnibus and Notgrass. Anyone combine the two?

I was thinking in terms of say Omnibus 3 with Notgrass American as a spine only, skipping the literature and Bible and leaning on Omnibus for that. It would more be a spine for Omnibus. Anyone try this or have any thoughts? I am just really taken by Omnibus but would like to have a catch all with it for an overview of history.

Thanks for any wisdom or thoughts on this!:)

• 1 month later...

Another good spine to add is BJU US History.

If you take the Veritas Press Online - Omnibus III course....they actually have you read this book with the Western Civ ( Speivogel).

See below:

Notice the highlighted US History book....that is BJU HIstory-11th grade

This is the curriculum kit you'll need for this Scholars online course. (15% savings) Kit includes: Omnibus Ii Text w/ Teacher CD-ROM, United States History, Anti-Federalist Papers, Of Plymouth Plantation, Federalist Papers, Pilgrim's Progress, A Tale of Two Cities, The Social Contract, Westminster Confession, 1984, Lincoln Speeches & Writings, The Communist Manifesto, The Great Gatsby, Mein Kampf, Reflections on the Revolution in France, Uncle Tom's Cabin.

I am having my kiddo read this over the summer!!

Check it out!!:001_smile:

• 3 months later...

Christal,

I'm considering Omni III for dd (9th grade), and saw your post about adding in BJU US Hist book. Do you know if the Omni III teacher CD or text includes BJU chapters? Do you I have to add it in?? I would really like more history reading in Omni and it would be a great BIG time save if it was already done. Also, is there any "questionable" texts in Omni III that might be for more mature students??

Thanks so much!