Menu

Yoga pants? Made me think......do you let your kids stay in pajamas?

Guest Jennymom74

:blushing: Not only do I almost always wear ugly (comfy!) fleece pants at home, but my older kids often sleep in their clothes and get dressed when they get around to it. We have to leave the house by 1:30 so we're dressed by then, at least. None of us makes our bed and we have no morning chore routine. Truly sloppy, we are. However, we do not leave the house without being fully dressed, hair brushed, etc. so the public is none the wiser.

Glad to see we're not the only ones. ;) My at-home kids are still pretty young for a full unsupervised chore routine. I tried making the beds in the morning but they play in their room all day and the bed was quickly un-made. Very small house so they play in their room and living room.

Unfortunately ydd doesn't always have her hair brushed leaving the house. She has days where she absolutely freaks at the sight of a brush. Depending on where we're going/what we're doing I persist in torturing her or I just let it go.

I asked Dh if he thought I should make more effort with getting dressed, hair, makeup, etc. everyday. He said he loves me just the way I am (smart man). :D He then went into the living room and told the kids that they were real lucky their mom was the type who didn't worry about them wearing their pj's all day because otherwise she'd probably be the type to get really mad at them jumping off a plastic bin into a basket of (previously folded) clean clothes. :glare:

My oldest dd keeps threatening to sign me up for "What Not To Wear".