Menu

Spelling Workout H v. Vocabulary from Classical Roots

Suzannah

Somehow we got a bit behind in the Spelling Workout sequence. When something has to be pushed back a day or two it's usually spelling since DS has been doing well with it. So now we're at the end of the year and he's just wrapped-up SWO G. TWTM says to go on to H, then begin Vocabulary from the Roots up. So, my question is, do I hafta? Would he miss anything significant if we skip SWO H and go straight to Vocab?

Thanks!

Confession time for me. I had on my list to buy for next year SWO H. I just removed it and decided to move on to vocabulary instead. Dd has always been a natural speller and has done fine with SWO. However, I really think it is mostly just busy work for her. I think she would benefit more from moving on to vocab.

I'm no expert, but I give you permission to skip H. Then I won't be alone:D

At least I'm not the only one who's thought it. WTM (2nd ed., p. 338) says "Spelling Workout H adds Greek roots and origins. Then further down the page it says Spelling Workout H is more of a vocabulary workbook than spelling manual, covering word roots, prefixes and suffixes from Latin, Greek, and French."

Has anyone used SWO H?