Menu

Friend has 4 year old boy that constantly is grabbing himself.....

Oh heavens. I was sitting on the couch with Tazzie the other evening, and noticed he was messing with his underwear.

Me: What are you doing?

T: Rubbing my penis (completely nonchalant)

Me *choking* Please don't do that on the couch beside me.

T: Its my penis. I can rub it if I want. It tickles.

Me: If you want to do that, you need to go to your room and have some privacy.

T: But its my body! I should be allowed to touch my body!

Me: *heavy sigh* And you can. In your room. Not beside Mommy on the couch. Its rude.

T: *heavy sigh* Fine. (took his hands out of his pants.)

:lol:

Honestly, some days the only things I say to that child seem to be, "Get your fingers out of your nose!" and "Get your hands out of your pants!"

Fwiw, Tazzie is circ'd.

I am sorry, but I just had to laugh. :lol::lol: This sounds so much like a conversation that I had with my 6 yr old when he was 4.

OP, another vote for normal boy nervous behavior. It could be a tight undie or pants issue too. We have had that issue, but it was very different, more of an 'adjusting' type motion for that.

Both my boys are uncirc'ed and only fiddle with themselves if they need to pee or actually readjust. If the little boy is actually itching then I might wonder about a rash or yeast but if he is just fiddling then it is totally normal. My boys each went through a short phase of hands down the pants.