Menu

Lightning Lit 7 Question

Cynful

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. She can do the reading but I was more worried about how the work would be. She may listen in on me reading to my son (he has dyslexia but I don't want to keep him too far behind).

Ds1 did LL7 in 6th gr. The schedule is broken down into weekly assignments and is pretty light. Ex: a book will be read over a couple of weeks then another week is given to complete assignments. There are several worksheets (some are optional/extra work--we didn't do those) and then a writing assignment. IIRC the schedule is a few weeks short of the traditional 36-week school year so you have some flexibility there.

Cinder

Cynthia, we used LL 7 & 8 last year for my then 5th grader (the one you have talked to) and my then 8th grader. We did some of the assignments together like poetry units and The Christmas Carol and then I picked units that lined up with the individual child's SL Core or interests. The 5th grader had very little difficulty with it. The only gray area was that sometimes he was a little too literal for the assignment. My oldest son and I were in tears from laughing when Swimmer Dude was reading the Edward Lear poem about "...going to sea in a sieve." He looked up with a rather startled expression on his face and said, "They're all gonna die!" But then, most swimmers I know for some weird reason do seem to worry about drowning.:D