Menu

Classical Writing Primer - reviews? and a question

Melissa B

How are children enjoying the CW Primers?

And could they be used with a 1st grader?

DD will be on the older end for 1st grade. We will start in Sept. and she will be 7 in Nov. She can read and enjoys writing. This year she did a phonics program, a handwriting program and the first half of FLL.

For 1st grade I was thinking about finishing FLL and doing the CW Primers along with having her read aloud to me daily.

And then in 2nd moving into Primary Language Lessons, Sequential Spelling, Cursive handwriting and reading aloud.

Would the CW Primers fit well into that schedule?

We almost did the CW Primers... I really liked them. We ended up doing Primary Lang. Lessons along with another book from Google that I retyped in Italics using Startwrite so that it had a workbook style to it. (Better for my 1st grader's limitations with the physical act of writing at the time.:001_smile:.) I think your dd would be just fine with them as long as the length of the writing assignments are comfortable for her. I think your plan sounds good and I think they(Living Books Curr.) are working on a workbook for Primary Language Lessons now too (of course too late for me now that I've typed all of it out...:lol:).