Menu

Which did you prefer CLE 6 or BJU 6 and why?

I am loving CLE LA and am REALLY wanting to use the math program, BUT my son is very much enjoying BJU this year. I am fine with staying with it, but I really do not like the TM w/BJU. I also don't like the way that they teach some of the math concepts. I think they are very wordy and honestly, it's just a personal annoyance for *me*. So, if this is the right math program for him, I will stay with it.

However, I am thinking that he would do really well w/CLE too. Any thoughts from ppl that have experience with both?

Thanks in advance,

Bethany

We have used both BJU and CLE. One ds like it while the other despised it. I'd say the most significant difference is that CLE is more incremental like Saxon and is in workbook form. Also, the lesson is mainly within the student's workbook. Meaning, there is a TM with extra sample problems and explanations if needed. It is very similar to the LA so you already probably have a good idea to their approach. It's really quite similar.

In our case, we decided to switch both boys to CLE. I felt they needed more review, and I liked the simplicity of CLE. And I agree, the BJU TM is a stinker! :tongue_smilie:It's just so darn big!

All that being said, if your ds is thriving with BJU, I'm not sure I'd be looking elsewhere. If you're still uncertain, you could order one lightunit to have him try out, setting aside BJU for a week or so.

My 2 cents,