Menu

Sale/Swap Boards have made me so cheap!

I have been so blessed to find so many things that I have needed at such a bargain on various used boards. Now that I want Song School Latin I am finding it almost impossible to pull the trigger due to a shipping/handling charge of $15.95. Ugh. I can't help but think about what I could buy with that $16. :001_smile:

So true, so true!!! :) I have the same problem buying things new. I've even bought brand new, never used, latest edition items on here for less than from the publlisher or RR. Of course, I contribute to this all by my "research" this year! Now, at the last minute, I'm questioning my Latin choice for next year. I have GOT to stop reading the curriculum board!!!!!!!!! BTW, I'll get your packaged mailed out tomorrow am. :)

I hijacked your thread to throw in my own question to Plaid Dad! :001_smile: Hope you don't mind. I'm wanting to do Lively Latin down the road and thought Song School would be a good soft intro, but now I'm wondering about going straight into it.

Well, we did Prima this year and enjoyed it. I've been planning on LCI, but now Lively Latin looks so... fun! AHH!! My dh is getting tired of it and frankly I am too! :) I just want to be sure I'm starting on the right course, KWIM? What is your long range plan past Lively?

;)

I have to admit I don't have any. I want to get Plaid Dad's revised version of the Latin Centered Curriculum whenever it is released. Hopefully that will help me have more of an idea of where to go from here. I'm also planning to start Greek after getting a strong foothold in Latin.

Long-range plans? We're supposed to have those?

Well, I'm realizing this year that I need to have some. :) I think I've laid Lively Latin to rest with Plaid Dad's reply. Whew! I'm also planning to purchase LCC when the revised edition comes out. I don't think I'm a LCC person, though! The resource still would be a good one to have. (I can always use more books)

I have been so blessed to find so many things that I have needed at such a bargain on various used boards. Now that I want Song School Latin I am finding it almost impossible to pull the trigger due to a shipping/handling charge of $15.95. Ugh. I can't help but think about what I could buy with that $16. :001_smile:

Where do you live? Are you choosing media mail to get cheaper postage?

Where do you live? Are you choosing media mail to get cheaper postage?

Is media mail an option at Classical Academic? It only gave me a UPS option that I could see. I would be delighted to pay media mail if possible. I'm in Mississippi.

Is media mail an option at Classical Academic? It only gave me a UPS option that I could see. I would be delighted to pay media mail if possible. I'm in Mississippi.

When you add the item to the cart scroll down and you can change the shipping options. I think UPS Ground is the default shipping, media mail should be around $6 for you (it was a little over $5 for me in NJ)

Karen