Menu

Need Advice on Geometry program

I am looking for advice regarding the best geometry program for my daughter. Does anyone know about Geometry: A Guided Inquiry? I am trying to determine the best fit for my daughter, and I have heard good things about Jacob's also. If anyone has experience with both, I would appreciate a comparison between the two. I would like to avoid purchasing something that won't ultimately work (btdt).

Thanks for any advice!

Nancy

I am looking for advice regarding the best geometry program for my daughter. Does anyone know about Geometry: A Guided Inquiry? I am trying to determine the best fit for my daughter, and I have heard good things about Jacob's also. If anyone has experience with both, I would appreciate a comparison between the two. I would like to avoid purchasing something that won't ultimately work (btdt).

Thanks for any advice!

Nancy

I saw your other post too. I'm in a similar position since my ds just turned 11, although he hasn't quite finished algebra 1 yet. I don't know anything about the Math Without Borders, although it looks interesting. Do you know if it has proofs? I couldn't tell from a quick look at the description.

Are you sure you want to do geometry next? I'm thinking that I'm either going to have ds do another year of algebra (advanced algebra of some kind) or do some kind of alternative like number theory or something.

Have you looked at the Art of Problem Solving Stuff? I've heard good things about their stuff, although I have no personal experience with it (yet). I don't know if their geometry includes proofs or not, it is hard to tell.

Jean

Have you tried "Saxon Geometry?" It looks great. It has a complete different lay out with big prints which are great for young students.

"Key to Geometry" is a great additional geometry program. Especially for contstruction practices. Very simple and easy to follow.

Please check out the great web site for geometry that I discovered lately.

www.mathopenref.com

You will enjoy "dragging the points."

Hope this helps.

Harmony