Menu

Write Your Own - (Anyone Heard of These Books?)

My daughter discovered Write Your Own Series at the library today and now has a three page story written (not even assigned work). She is drooling over them. Granted she wants to be a writer when she grows up but I'm amazing at how much she is enjoying them. I literally didn't see her all afternoon long.

Just thought I'd share in case any of you use this in your curriculum OR just want to check them out at your library. They are cheaper on Amazon ($6.95 for softcover) but we'll probably just stick to checking them out of the library.

http://www.capstonepub.com/product/9780756542054#members

I couldn't find a way to see sample pages on either site. Could you tell us a little bit of what's inside? What age levels are the books aimed at? Interested!

By the way, any idea why the difference in price on the two sites is so huge???

Oooh, thanks for sharing! I'm crossing my fingers I can find those at my library...they look great!

Amazon has the softcovers for $6.95, they list $24 as the library-binding edition. They also say they are for ages 9-12.

ETA: Our library has them! Yeah!

Edited by cougarmom4

Sorry! I didn't even try to see samples online since my daughter checked them out of the library. The price difference is just the binding (softback vs. library). They are great fun though. Reading level is about right, I'd say, 4-8th, and the one sample (that you can't see close up) is indicative of the series. I've added a few samples from the ones we got at the library. First two are from Mystery. Second two are from Fantasy. HTH.

post-109-13535083404948_thumb.jpg

post-109-13535083405221_thumb.jpg

post-109-1353508340547_thumb.jpg

post-109-13535083405702_thumb.jpg

post-109-13535083404948_thumb.jpg

post-109-13535083405221_thumb.jpg

post-109-1353508340547_thumb.jpg

post-109-13535083405702_thumb.jpg

My daughter's been writing a mystery on the blog I set up for her and her sister. She was a reluctant writer at first, and is now going gangbusters. She reads above age-level, and I think she'll love these!

I've been planning to do a creative writing class with local homeschool teens, too. Will have to check these out for ideas.