Menu

Santa Clara university

Guest Barb B

Guest Barb B

Anyone know anything about it. I'm especially interested in fellow Catholic opinions. When I search the web site they don't offer much for the spiritual side and some things I see are, well, interesting (Zen meditation?). Ds likes some things about the school, but I'm wondering. . .

Barb

I have an uncle that is a Vice-Provost there. He's Methodist, but to be honest I've never really heard him talk about the spiritual side of the campus, just sports and academics. He and I are about as opposite on the political spectrum as you can get. He is very "green" and is VERY interested in social issues. His daughter runs fund raisers for nonprofits. It is a VERY expensive place to live. They live in what would be just an ordinary small house here in Texas. Just a small 3 bedroom one story. When I visited them 5 years ago, it was worth 1.5 million or something like that. Here in Texas a similar house would be worth 75,000 in my town. Now that was before the crash, so I don't know now. I know that no school teachers could afford to live in Santa Clara and would commute and that they had to give housing supplements to professors even though they made what seemed like GREAT salaries, because they couldn't afford to live there. The area is quite beautiful. I don't know if that helps or not. I love my uncle. He's a great guy..just don't get him started on Palin as she is the antiChrist as far sa he is concerned.

Christine