Menu

Abeka health?

Mrs. Lilac

I bought Horizons health to use with my DD, but I haven't started it yet- it seems geared to a classroom to me, with books to get and puppet shows and just a lot of stuff that is kind of overkill, I think, for one child.

Has anyone used Abeka health? It looks a little more self-contained, almost like a worktext, but it's hard to tell online......

Any other health ideas welcome! :)

I bought Horizons health as well, and was disappointed for the same reasons! I have used Abeka Health for my daughter and have really liked it! I am using the Horizons Phonics for my ker and loving it, so I thought the Horizons Health would be good as well, but it didn't work for me. I am probably going to resell it and buy Abeka instead. :001_smile:

I used ABeka health in the early grades, too.

Easy as pie -- I bought only the student book and we would read through it together.

Then dd or ds would fill in the little blanks.

They liked it and so did I. Just open and go for me, colorful and no pressure for them. But they did learn a lot.

I haven't used it above 4th grade, but I do know in 5th they start memorizing bones for one thing, and the body systems too I think.

I recommend it for an easy but thorough approach.