Menu

Simple devotional book for kids to read on their own?

My 7 year old daughter just finished her veggie tales devotional book. It was very simply written so she was able to read them on her own. She is just starting to read fluently so anything that she reads independently has to be very, very simple. I wondered if anyone might have a suggestion as to what might be a good devotional book that I can buy for her now. Something very short and simple to read (like grade one level) and meaningful?

Thanks!

My dd went through this book at that age and we both really liked it. Sometimes I would do it with her and other times she did it by herself. Took about 20 min each morning to do a devotion and she found them to be interesting and liked the little activities that were included in each devotion. HTH a bit.

ETA: I'm sorry, I didn't read your post properly. My dd read the devotions by herself when she went through the book but she has always read above grade level. I don't think the readings are too difficult but I wouldn't say they're grade 1 level. Sorry my suggestion couldn't be of more help to you. :(

Edited by plain jane

My dd went through this book at that age and we both really liked it. Sometimes I would do it with her and other times she did it by herself. Took about 20 min each morning to do a devotion and she found them to be interesting and liked the little activities that were included in each devotion. HTH a bit.

I see you have younger kids as well. The same publisher also has devotionals for boys ages 2-5 and girls ages 2-5. I've used the younger ones as well and been happy with them. Obviously you have to do the reading for the child, but the actual work isn't too difficult and my kids found them fun.