Menu

Story of Western Civilization by EPS

hmschooln

Haven't used the Western Civ workbooks but did use the American History books that are similar in format. Sonlight uses them for cores 3 and 4.

They're okay. A basic workbook with a short reading passage and comprehension questions following. They're ment as a remedial program for older students and are written at about a 5th or 6th grade level. Sonlight uses them with younger students. I would use them as a supplement but not as a complete curriculum.

Thanks. Could these be used alongside Story of the World easily?:)

They won't line up with the topics covered in SOTW, but you could just do them as a seperate supplement. Or, you could just pull them out when you get to an American history chapter in SOTW and use them to flush out the subject.

This year I am basically doing two threads of history, US History to Civil War and SOTW 3. I am using The Story of the USA Vol 1 & 2 from EPS as a supplement. DD10 likes workbooks, so it is just an extra thing.

Some weeks we focus on US History and some weeks are focus is on World History, but I have managed to line up the two threads fairly well. I have a page on my blog where I lined up our history for this semester - US/World History.

I'll probably us vol. 3 & 4 next year just because they are working for us.

Amy