Menu

SOS... math problem help

Ohdanigirl

Ok I need fresh eyes on this one...

The cost of tickets for a circus performance is as follows:

Adult- $7

child - $3

On a Sunday, the total sale of tickets was $12,680. Each parent brought one child to the circus. How many people watched the circus performance that day.

I see the problem, now what it means, but can't seem to explain to ds what the process is for working it out. It is a singapore question, no algebraic equations. HELP!

Every parent brings one child. What's the cost of a parent/child pair? $7+$3=$10. Can you use the total sales to find how many parent/child pairs were there (divide by $10) and finish it out from there? Once you know how many pairs, remember to multiply by 2 to get the total number of people.

OK...if I am thinking this through correctly...since each parent brought 1 child...then for each pair the tickets sales are $10...so then you take the total sales of $12,680 divide that by $10 to get 1,268 people...is that right???

1268 parent/child pairs--double it for total number of people.

OK...if I am thinking this through correctly...since each parent brought 1 child...then for each pair the tickets sales are $10...so then you take the total sales of $12,680 divide that by $10 to get 1,268 people...is that right???

Thanks.

Edited by USDGAL