Menu

Q about Kinetic Books

We're just starting to use the "Principles" version of Kinetic Books physics. I can't figure out a way to print out the end of the chapter complete problems. Am I missing something? I could go to the pdf version of the text and print out the problem pages, but I was hoping dd could print off the completed problems for me to mark. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest atwitsend

I haven't been able to figure that out either. I just have my son write answers on paper, then I go back and check.

My problem is that I don't have the worked out solutions. It was not at all clear on the website before I bought. As a matter of fact, it still states that "worked-out solutions are available to instructors". It just doesn't tell you that they have to be able to verify you as an instructor! Even though they know they are selling to home school instructors. Who else would be buying only one text?

The online homework doesn't seem like it would be of any help, since all I have to do is assign odd # problems, and the answers are given. The solutions is what I need, since I don't know HOW to work the equations.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm working the problems as we go, to check my daughters work. If there are several of us working on the "Principles" group, we could set up some kind of "parent help" forum. We're currently on chapter 3.

I haven't been able to figure that out either. I just have my son write answers on paper, then I go back and check.

My problem is that I don't have the worked out solutions. It was not at all clear on the website before I bought. As a matter of fact, it still states that "worked-out solutions are available to instructors". It just doesn't tell you that they have to be able to verify you as an instructor! Even though they know they are selling to home school instructors. Who else would be buying only one text?

The online homework doesn't seem like it would be of any help, since all I have to do is assign odd # problems, and the answers are given. The solutions is what I need, since I don't know HOW to work the equations.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm working the problems as we go, to check my daughters work. If there are several of us working on the "Principles" group, we could set up some kind of "parent help" forum. We're currently on chapter 3.

I'm expecting my copy of Principles to arrive soon. I'll be using it next year at our co-op. I'd definitely be interested in being part of a group that shares solutions, hands-on lab ideas, tests, etc.

Guest atwitsend

I tried to order the Kinetic books Principles solutions from Kolbe and was told they can no longer sell to anyone who is not a registered member taking their class. Kinetic books refuses to sell home school instructors the solutions, even though their website clearly states "all work-out solutions are available to instructors"

My recommendation: Unless you know physics or have a tutor, don't buy Kinetic books! We are very frustrated trying to finish this course without the solutions!

My recommendation: Unless you know physics or have a tutor, don't buy Kinetic books! We are very frustrated trying to finish this course without the solutions!

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. Who have you talked with at Kinetic Books?

If you're stuck, you can always post a question here and someone will be glad to help you, I'm sure. (I just got my text a few days ago, so I haven't done much with it yet, but I'd be happy to give it a shot.)