Menu

Where can I buy good pillows that aren't made in China?

I went pillow shopping yesterday and every single pillow was made in China. I found some online but I'm picky and really don't want to order something without seeing it first.

For those of you trying to avoid Chinese products, have you found a good brand of pillows available in retail stores?

I buy my pillows from Pacific Coast. They are based in Seattle, WA and it is my understanding that all of their materials come from USA & Canada and they are all made in America. They have several different types from 100% down to feather/down blends to one will feather core surrounded by down. They come in many firmness levels. I have been using these for at least 10 years and have never had any problems. They can be very expensive though and I like to replace my pillows frequently. Sams & Costco carry one of their cheapest versions that is very soft (not firm) for about $35. They also go flat fairly quickly but can be washed and dried which fluffs them up. So I buy new ones about once a year and rotate out the old ones. Since eveyone in the family has two pillows, that is 12 pillows so I do it in groups of four so everyone gets on new pillow about once every three years.