Menu

s/o: Hair coloring - What's your favorite box brand?

jenL

I'm about to go out and by a box of hair color to do my own hair and save money. I have naturally curly/wavy, dark brown hair with some reddish highlights (when it hits the sun). My issue right now is covering greys.

I'd like to know which brand you love and why (ie. L'Oreal, Garnier Nutrisse, etc).

Also, any tips for doing this would be great too! :lol:

I'm about to go out and by a box of hair color to do my own hair and save money. I have naturally curly/wavy, dark brown hair with some reddish highlights (when it hits the sun). My issue right now is covering greys.

I'd like to know which brand you love and why (ie. L'Oreal, Garnier Nutrisse, etc).

Also, any tips for doing this would be great too! :lol:

I use L'Oreal. I used one of the others brands available (don't remember which) and the color did not last. Even though the box said permanent hair color it washed out after two week.

I do leave mine in the the extra time for gray coverage.

I use L'Oreal and leave it on for the gray coverage, as per the instructions. It is the only boxed coloring that actually covered my gray. The others I have tried washed out w/in 2 weeks.

But, that being said. I haven't tried a different brand for a few years now. Found what I liked and have remained w/ the same brand.