Menu

Quick All About Spelling question

abrightmom

So sorry if this is redundant . . . Just need help knowing what to order. Here's the scenario and what I own:

DS7 and DS5 will be starting simultaneously. DS7 will fly through Level One. I will only hit what he needs as far as understanding how AAS works and just make sure there aren't any holes. I expect him to use it very briefly. DS5 will have a slower pace of course :). I own Level One, the tiles, the phonogram cd. I want to order Level two for DS7. With Level two do I also need to order another set of (?) phonogram cards or student materials or something (not sure what) so that each child has their own card file? I can't imagine keeping track of both boys in one card box - I think I'll want to keep their stuff separate so I can at a glance who is doing what. Anyway, I only have the Level One materials for one child. So, what do I need in order to use it with two children and then moving DS7 to Level 2 very quickly? Any corrections to my thinking on this would be welcome as well!!! I hope I made sense!!

Thanks so much!

Katrina:001_smile:

I'm not sure you need a second set of cards. I'm only using it for one child, but I have a friend who has used it for two. She has only one set of cards. The older child who moved through Level 1 quickly she just used the book for the wordlists (I actually do that sometimes too; I actually forget about the word cards!). So she marked his placed in the book with a bookmark & notes (and you could do his review words from the book too, by just marking them). My friend does have 2 sets of letter tiles though, because each child has their own magnetic workboard setup. You will only be working with one child at a time, so I don't think you need more than 1 set of phonogram cards either (again, keep track of the older child on a note page -- there aren't many phonograms beyond the alphabet in level 1, so you could just copy the page that shows the phonograms and mark them off). I honestly do not think I'd spend the $ to buy a 2nd set of anything if it was me (we just completed level 1, so that's my opinion after having gone through it). Someone who is using it with 2 kids might disagree with me though.

So sorry if this is redundant . . . Just need help knowing what to order. Here's the scenario and what I own:

DS7 and DS5 will be starting simultaneously. DS7 will fly through Level One. I will only hit what he needs as far as understanding how AAS works and just make sure there aren't any holes. I expect him to use it very briefly. DS5 will have a slower pace of course :). I own Level One, the tiles, the phonogram cd. I want to order Level two for DS7. With Level two do I also need to order another set of (?) phonogram cards or student materials or something (not sure what) so that each child has their own card file? I can't imagine keeping track of both boys in one card box - I think I'll want to keep their stuff separate so I can at a glance who is doing what. Anyway, I only have the Level One materials for one child. So, what do I need in order to use it with two children and then moving DS7 to Level 2 very quickly? Any corrections to my thinking on this would be welcome as well!!! I hope I made sense!!

Thanks so much!

Katrina:001_smile:

Hi Katrina,

I think I'd start out with just the one pack (the student materials pack that comes with your level). Your 5 yo will likely take awhile to get through level 1, and your oldest may be done with it by then. When your oldest is ready for level 3, you could decide then if you need to keep reviewing cards or if you can pass the pack on to your 5 yo.

Have fun! Merry :-)