Menu

Anyone ever used IXL Math Website?

Joyfullyblessed

My kids use it and it's ok. They aren't thrilled to do it (my DD like the prek stuff better than K) but I do think it's helpful to reinforce some of the math skills for them.

DD4 is doing the K lvl - she completed the prek level fairly quickly

DS5 is doing the 2nd grade lvl slowly but he's getting there -- he gets super distracted while doing this unless I sit there with him and remind him to finish. I just set a time he has to do it (20 mins as that is what his EPGY session is and he can choose EPGY or IXL) before he gets to play games on the computer.

HSBC has a discount on IXL if you do end up going with it.

DD4 is using it. It isn't something she can do independently for long (and she is pretty good on the computer). She can easily do the problems, she goes between the pre-k and the k stuff. But it doesn't hold her attention. So, I usually have to sit there with her. It will read the problem aloud, but it can be a lot for her to do independently.

I do really like that it tracks her progress and shows any problem areas. DD likes the rewards that it has, little stars.

I wish I would have known about the co-op before signing up.