Menu

Pilgrims Progress

Ohio12

It's funny you should ask this question. We recently checked out the Pilgrim's Progress: Journey to Heaven DVD from our local library and now my ds has begun reading ABeka's Pilgrim's Progress Simplified (view the sample).

We read aloud together almost every night at bedtime and this is his choice selection to read aloud from lately. He seems to be reading at least a half of a page from it each evening (along with one of his first readers by Wanda Sanseri since we're using SWR). You could almost say Pilgrim's Progress Simplified is one of his first readers too, but there are plenty of unfamiliar and/or difficult words that we work through together.

Being that ABeka has it listed for third grade, I think it would definitely be simple enough, but also challenging enough for your dd to read.

HTH!

:) Melissa

I just wanted to add, noting the ages of your children, that some of the illustrations in the book I mentioned, while wonderfully drawn, could be frightening to them. It would be better if you could look though it prior to purchasing.

My daughter is seven, and she was just moved by them in light of the story. But, younger children may find them scary.