Menu

SOTW MP3?

dsacco

Has anyone gotten the MP3 download of SOTW Vol 1?

Reason I am asking is my experience with MP3's and my iPhone is that they don't "bookmark" if I leave it and then come back. Formatted audiobooks seem to work ok - but MP3's not so much (sometimes it's hit or miss).

I asked my hubby this same thing - he said I needed to go in on iTunes and actually change the genre to audiobook if I wanted my iPod to be able to bookmark it.

I believe what you do is highlight all the tracks on iTunes, right-click, say "Get info," then click on "Options." From there you can check "Audiobook" under "Media Type," as well as check to remember your place.

Hope that helps. I'm trying it myself right now!

Let me know if it works!! I'd love to be able to play it in the car when we go without all the CD's :)

Sorry it took so long - but it worked! Make SURE before you change the settings to audiobook from music that you have the name of the book in the TITLE of the song. Otherwise, you'll get what happened to me - about 20 "Track 13" tracks and so on. If that happens to you, reverse the process (highlight them, right-click, go to "Get Info," "Options," and change "Media Type" to "Music."

Once it's back under the music list, it will show the name of the album. There may be a faster way that I haven't discovered, but I've had to go in track by track and put the album name in front of the track number.

Anyway, after all that, I played some of an audio book, then went back and listed to music, and when I went back to the audio book section, it remembered where I was! Hooray!