Menu

Do I really need the TM for RS4K Biology???

Dina in Oklahoma

Hi!

If you have read my prior posts regarding science, you know I'm trying to get on track. I want to do RS4K biology 1rst followed by physics (summer) then McHenry The Elelments in the fall. My question is do I really need the teacher's manual? RS4K is pricy new and I haven't had any response to my request to buy. What do you think?

THANKS!

Dina :001_smile:

I don't know if they still sell this, but we saved a bit of money by buying the teacher books all combined in one big book. It was all Level I - Biology, Chemistry, Physics. Even if you don't want to buy that new, it gives you something to look for on the used curriculum sites. As I recall, you can't really do the labs without the teacher books. But I'm too tired to get out my old materials and check ---. You might be able to copy the student lab pages from the teacher manual, though, if that helps.

ETA: Looking at the RS4K website, I see that you can get EVERYTHING for all Level I courses for $216. That also includes three "Connects" workbooks (one for each subject). Those are the word root books -- I have seen them and they look great. So the biology one deals with Greek and Latin roots of biology vocabulary, and so on. The bundle also includes lab sheets for the student, all the TM's, a periodic table, and of course the texts themselves. But it sounds like that might be too much for you to spend right now. Perhaps you can share with another homeschooling family, and you could teach biology while she teaches chemistry, and then switch off?

Good luck!

Edited by buddhabelly