Menu

Question about echolalia

Okay, I never thought there was anything all wrong with my middle daughter than severe ADHD which is well controlled by ADHD medications in the daytime. I was looking on this board and saw a post about echolalia and looked it up. Here is what my dd does? When she is unmedicated and particularly in the time of the month closest to her monthly, she repeats phrases sometimes. But she is a highly auditory child and she doesn't repeat all of them. IT only happens generally for a short while after her medication wears off. Later on in the evening and in other times of the month, she is much less likely to do this although she does pick up phrases that sound good or interesting to her that she repeats. HOwevr, it never seemed like autism to me because she has a great sense of humor, interacts with others well enough, and all symptoms of her ADHD including this one are well controlled by her medication. Any thoughts?