Menu

How is the HEAV convention?

I really want to hear Dr. S.M. Davis and the Boyers. I possibly get a free road trip this year, and I'm thinking this should be it. Is it worth it? Anyone been to the Midwest convention in Cincinnati and HEAV and want to compare?

I have not been to the midwest convention, but HEAV is awesome. Last year we heard Voddie Baucham and others, and were so encouraged and refreshed. It's huge, it's reasonably priced, the children's program is great...Everyone in our family had a blast.

The HEAV Convention is awesome. I've been several times and it is excellent. You'll love the Boyers - I've met them both and heard them both speak. Here's a link to a video from the 2008 Convention about the history of homeschooling in VA that includes interviews with the Boyers:

http://www.heav.org/about/history/video

Pre-registration is open now and the earlier you register the sooner you can shop at the Used Curriculum Sale (an incentive to get folks to pre-register). The UCS is amazing - tons and tons and tons of stuff to choose from.

http://heav.org/convention/registration/index.html

Hotel registration will be open on the 20th - I suggest the Marriott because there is a walkway that connects it with the convention center on the 4th(?) floor, so you never have to go outside to get to the convention. Rooms fill up super fast though, so I suggest getting your room asap.

I would say they are very similar. They offer different things, but a lot of it is the same sort of things - same vendors other than the local ones to each. Different speakers each year so look at who is at each one. If you really want to hear SM Davis and the Boyers that would be worth coming for.

It's a good convention.

I would say they are very similar. They offer different things, but a lot of it is the same sort of things - same vendors other than the local ones to each. Different speakers each year so look at who is at each one. If you really want to hear SM Davis and the Boyers that would be worth coming for.

It's a good convention.

Thanks! I will already definitely be going to Midwest; we do every year. I used to go to two conventions every year, but the other two local ones are not so good anymore. I never get to look at all the vendors, so I don't even mind if they repeat. :001_smile: