Menu

Getting started with Spanish

aly

I am looking for a Spanish program for my 9 year old to add to Latin Prep. Does anyone have any recommendations? Anyone used Getting Started with Spanish? I speak French and have never studies Spanish so I need good audio back up.

Thanks

If you like Spanish Prep, you could consider So You Really Want to Learn Spanish (SYRWTL Spanish) since it is also published by Galore Park.

My dc 10 & 13 are using it successfully, although I do have a tutor twice a month to help with tricky spots. If I were learning along with them, I could likely do without the tutor. . . But I like to have the tutor for oral practice anyway.

Other options I have used (or still do use) with success are Rosetta Stone or Elementary Spanish (via Discovery Streaming). They are both more verbally focused than SYRWTL, so can be a good complement and/or good preparation. You could start with one of those and then add in SYRWTL when/if you are ready for a more rigorous grammar/conjugation/etc text based program.