Menu

Koine Greek questions

SkiMom

My ds will be finishing Latina Christiana 2 this year at the end of 7th grade. We have decided to switch to Koine Greek starting in 8th, so I need some curriculum advice please. I have been looking at Elementary Greek, and it looks pretty good to me...but I don't really know much about Greek. If anyone has any experience with this program I would appreciate your feedback. The EG program only lasts for 3 years, so does anyone have any recommendations for where to go after? Thanks in advance!

We started off with Greek Alphabetarion by Bluedorn followed by Elementary Greek Vol I, II, and III. Right now my boys are working their way through NT Greek for Beginners by Machen along with the Study Guide by David Thompson. This is a high school level book, so my husband broke up the lessons over 3 years for my junior high level boys.

We have been very happy with this Greek progression. Christine Gatchell did a great job with her EG program that gave my boys a firm foundation in Koine Greek. They are building on that foundation with Machen and translating the NT as they go. It's awesome...

HTH!