Menu

CC: For a friend... know of any reputable, biblical Christian marriage counselors?

This is needed for the Houston area. They would like someone who is biblically-based and counsels from that point of view and isn't just using the word "Christian" and only focuses on the self healing stuff and self-empowerment, etc. KWIM. They want solid counseling for a hurtful event that has occured in their marriage and they need help in healing. Both are older and mature believers. Ideally, they want someone like a pastor. Unfortunately, they don't feel their pastor is available for counseling. (large church and he has speaking engagements on the side often) and there isn't a counselor at their church either. Strange, I know. So, they want to seek a private counselor. I have no experience in this area, so I can't offer names. Thanks.

This is needed for the Houston area. They would like someone who is biblically-based and counsels from that point of view and isn't just using the word "Christian" and only focuses on the self healing stuff and self-empowerment, etc. KWIM. They want solid counseling for a hurtful event that has occured in their marriage and they need help in healing. Both are older and mature believers. Ideally, they want someone like a pastor. Unfortunately, they don't feel their pastor is available for counseling. (large church and he has speaking engagements on the side often) and there isn't a counselor at their church either. Strange, I know. So, they want to seek a private counselor. I have no experience in this area, so I can't offer names. Thanks.

I go to the Houston Graduate School of Theology for a Masters in Counseling. I can ask for a referral there from my Professors if you like.

BTW, Counseling and Pastoring have become distinct roles. Pastors take some counseling courses (Hopefully!) and Christian Counselors take some theology (I am required) but the roles separate.