Menu

SOTW 1 do you need both Kingfisher books

sherry80

Aren't they just different editions of the same book? The KHE is newer (though I believe it's currently OOP) while the other one is older. The older one is supposed to be better for logic stage outlining if you can find a copy for a decent price.

If I'm wrong in this assertion, I apologize.

On amazon, when you click on "look into this book" for the kingfisher illustrated book, it actually brings you to view in the newer kingfisher history book. So that was why I was wondering and thought maybe they were similar and you only would need one. I have the newer one and I have younger kids so I think that will be fine.

Thanks,

Sherry

On amazon, when you click on "look into this book" for the kingfisher illustrated book, it actually brings you to view in the newer kingfisher history book. So that was why I was wondering and thought maybe they were similar and you only would need one. I have the newer one and I have younger kids so I think that will be fine.

Thanks,

Sherry

KIHW has been Out-of-print (OOP) for quite a while. You will be fine with the newer one - especially if you follow the new WTM recommendations which are basically to take notes from the Kingfisher, and then find a passage from a living book to outline.

(Sorry - just noticed your kids are younger, so definitely stick with the newer. Who knows what will be available by the time they're ready for logic stage!)

HTH

Edited by Rhondabee

Sherry, if you have youngers then either will be fine. I'm curious to know if what a PP said about the oldest one being better for outlining is true or not, too. The AG lists correspondiong pages to both KF's and for 2 Usbornes as well. When we did SOTW last year I thought we were supposed to read from an Usborne & a KF (talk about overkill for a K'er and 2nd grader). After the fact I found out that the Usborne is intended for youngers and the KF for olders. HTH!