Menu

WWE and a dysgraphic child--struggles with putting thoughts to paper

farmmom4him

I have a 10 yr old dysgraphic child that can not yet write a complete sentence with a capital and ending punctuation. We have worked on it, but...

So, would this be a good fit? I would probably start with level 1, as I also have a 7 yr old that can write, but not read. Yes, polar opposites, and yes, quite mind boggling. ;)

THANKS for any and all ideas here.

Betty

Great!! What all do you need to purchase. I find the items on the website confusing.

There is a hard back, and workbook, and then some student pages. THANKS!!!

Two options:

1. Get the hard back book if you want to use your own selections for copywork and dictation.

2. Get the workbook if you want to have copywork and dictation already selected for you. The workbook includes one set of student pages. You need an extra set of student pages if you are going to do WWE with both students.

HTH!

I have two special needs boys and have found WWE to be a good fit for them both. The only thought I would add is that you may want different levels for the two. For instance, the WWE1 that I'm doing with my 7 year old has a selection from Peter Rabbit this week, the one for my 11 year old has a selection from Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Also, the level 1 sections are much more simplistic. But neither requires the student to master alot of physical writing - it can be toned down by the parent as needed.

PS - I also like having extra student pages - I bought them for the higher level so that it will be simple for my younger student to reuse the workbook in the next year.